Tuesday, August 11, 2009

$2 buys a lot of fun!

Today, we had the pleasure of going to the Children's Discovery Garden at Thanksgiving Point for their $2 Tuesday promotion. We went with Jon's Mom, Sarah, and all the kiddos! I was expecting a small little garden where the kids could jump around, and boy was I surprised! I was thoroughly impressed with the place, and even at the regular admission price of $6 per adult, and $4 per child, it's a STEAL for family entertainment. At $2, however, it's just AMAZING!

The first thing we saw when we walked in was this HUGE ark/fountain/water park area. Landon had a BALL, and just jumped right in! I was wishing we had brought his swimsuit, and a towel, but I decided to just let him go ahead and get soaked. I figured the sun would dry him off, and it did!


He and Brooklyn held hands ALL day long, it was adorable!

Doing the "my pants AND underwear are soaked" waddle:

And, since it was a garden, after all, there were some GORGEOUS flowers! And since Jon's Mom (our Master Gardener) was there, I actually learned the names of some of the flowers I like, which will come in handy if I ever get that flower bed planted!


There was also a really neat Koi pond as well, where the kids could feed the fish. Jon's Mom was nice enough to give Landon a boost, since my belly's pretty in the way these days.


But, by far the most impressive sight (besides my ADORABLE little man, of course) were the waterfalls! They were absolutely gorgeous! I managed to snap a few pics of Landon in front, and in the last picture, you can see just what he thought of all the NOISE!




All in all, it was a REALLY great time! There was SO MUCH to see. I'm quite sure we didn't see it all, even though we managed to get lost in the regular gardens (who knew they were connected?), and found a secret way out! So, any of you looking for something to do this summer (particularly on a Tuesday in August) should head out there, ASAP! It was really a ball!

Next week, we're going to hit the Dinosaur Museum, which is also a $2 Tuesday inclusion (which saves us like $22 for our family of 3!!!!). I swear I have no ties to Thanksgiving Point, in fact last week with Camille was my first visit ever, I've just been thoroughly impressed with what they have to offer! A fair warning, though, be prepared for LONG LINES, and LOTS of traffic if you hit up $2 Tuesday. I'm willing to bet they MORE than make up for the difference in admission cost by the sheer number of kiddos and parents who show up!



2 comments:

laura said...

Wow Kelly, you go girl! Two posts in the same month. This is the first time that has happened this year:) Keep up the good work and don't forget that your LOYAL (for all this time) blog watchers expect news when the baby comes. Good luck.

Eden said...

I love the TKP gardens too. Such a beautiful place.