Sunday, June 8, 2008

My 20 wishes!

Camille just made a great post, asking us to post our 20 "wishes," and while mine won't be nearly as pretty as hers (I told you I haven't figured out those technologically savvy details yet) I thought it was a great idea!

1. For Landon to always know that his parents are there for him no matter what, no matter where.
2. To grow really, really, really, old with Jon. Like wrinkly in our rocking chairs old, and to still really, really, really love each other, like drive to Dairy Queen in a blizzard love.
3. To take Landon to Disney World in Florida.
4. To be more patient and kind.
5. To make phenomenal cakes, like Duff Goldman on Ace of Cakes.
6. To strike a balance between my professional dreams and my family dreams, finally putting to rest the medical school vs. PA school debate.
7. To keep a 4.0 the rest of my time in school (including Grad school).
8. To make it to Ohio at least 2 times every year.
9. To make sure my friends know how much they mean to me, no matter how far apart we are.
10.To make my husband feel like he's the best thing that ever happened to me, because he is.
11.To catch up, and keep up, on my scrapbooking. Anna-Bannana is helping me with this.
12. To go horseback riding for an entire day (assuming someone else is cleaning up the mess).
13. To one day own a home with as much land as we had as kids, so Landon can build forts, and hide in the woods, and have trampolines, and pools, and everything else that comes along with small-town childhood.
14. To make sure Landon and his Uncle Chucky are always close.
15. To go camping as a family, FINALLY. (we've been SAYING we're going to do this for 3.5 years now)
16. To sell our house...soon. And to find one we really love in the location we want.
17. To have more faith.
18. To take Landon to as many awe-inspiring places as we can think of, just to see that look on his face.
19. To be a surgeon (yep, still on the list)
20. To be a really great Mom, the kind of Mom that I had, and still have.

Okay, now it's YOUR turn, I want to hear all of YOUR guys' 20 wishes!

5 comments:

I Choose Happiness said...

Hey Kelley, I love your blog! What do you mean you're not techno-savvy? How did you get such a cute template? I liked ready your 20 wishes and right now I can definitely say my only wish is to make it through Ben's first semester back at school!

I Choose Happiness said...

Oops! Sorry about the spelling mishap - I meant "reading" not "ready!"

camille said...

I am so happy that you made a blog! I love it, it's way cute! Now we can keep up even though we don't hang out as much as I would like. We really need to get together soon, just the girls (and the kids of course).

shannonmyers said...

do you want to know how much of a lush i am? i started crying while reading your 20 wishes. i am counting down the days til we see you!!!!!!!!!!!! 23!

Christine said...

Hi Kelley! Just found your blog from your comment on Amanda's. Very Cute Blog!