Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Can you believe it?

Can you believe that just under 3 years ago, Landon looked like this:

LandonBear

And just under 4 years ago, Jon and I looked like this:

Photobucket
Photobucket

And in about 7 months, I'm going to look like this again:

Bellyat36weeks


It's just crazy to think about how time flies by.  The past 4 and a half years have gone in the blink of an eye!  Sometimes I'm left searching for the pause button, hoping for just a few more months of Landon's cute ages & stages.  And other times, I'm scrambling for the fast forward button, trying to get out of the uncomfortable, early parts of pregnancy.  Too bad neither is available, huh?

Just a quick update as to what's going on in our lives, NOW, Jon is taking two classes online, Theatre and Ethics and Values.  He's LOVING all the papers he has to write (NOT), and he's really buckled down and is working hard.  I, on the other hand, am not taking any classes this semester, as it turns out that the chemicals used in lab aren't compatible with pregnancy (unless you desire a baby with 3 arms and one eye, which I don't!), so I'm not taking ANY classes this semester.  I was really looking forward to it, but I'm quickly realizing how much I truly enjoy school, and am more than a little sad to be missing out this semester.  Landon, however, is clearly LOVING having me home all the time, so that makes the transition a little bit easier.  I think I'm going to sign up for a cake decorating class at Roberts in February, though.  It certainly won't be physiology, but it should be fun, and give me a little bit of grown up time each week.

I probably won't update too much over the next few weeks.  My Mom and step-Dad get to town tomorrow morning, and we have plenty of fun activities planned to keep us all busy.  Including fighting the crowds in Park City for the Sundance Fest.  Then, next Wednesday, Jon and I are leaving to meet my brother and his girlfriend in Las Vegas for the weekend.  My Mom is babysitting, and I'm so excited that she's able to do that for us!  Landon will be SO spoiled when we get back.  Then, my brother and Shannon are coming back to Utah with us for a week, and they leave on Feb. 7.  Feb 11, Jon's parents FINALLY get back from their mission, and we will be waiting dutifully at the airport for them!  

So, if you don't see much from us over the next few weeks, you know why!

2 comments:

Anne said...

I think that will be so fun taking a cake decorating class! When do they start?

Sarah said...

Will we see you once your family gets here? I know we see you all the time, but I might suffer withdrawals if you totally disappear now! Plus we'd love to see your fam!