Friday, January 16, 2009

THANK YOU MR. PRESIDENT

Okay, after reading this article ( http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5330424 ) , along with thinking about all of the other negative press, that PRESIDENT Bush (not just Bush, or W, he is the President of the U.S.) has gotten, I'm so fed up, I just have to say something. 

I think that it is absolutely shameful the way our media, and our citizens have treated President Bush throughout his administration, especially as it nears an end. Don't get me wrong, I certainly haven't agreed with every decision he's made, but I also do not doubt for one nanosecond that EVERY decision he's made has been in the best interest of our country, nor do I wish to EVER be in a position to make some of those decisions.  

I think it's absolutely ludicrous the way average citizens talk about our presidents, and events they know absolutely NOTHING about. How many of us are qualified to make a decision about war? How many of us have any CLUE whatsoever what sort of formulas and thoughts go into these choices? I can guarantee you it's not as simple as the media, and left wingers would have us believe (Iraq has oil, so let's declare war). 

How many of us have ANY IDEA how many times America has been saved from another attack thanks to measures put into place, in part, by President Bush. How many of us WANT to know? Laughing at people in other nations throwing a shoe at our PRESIDENT is shameful. I am ashamed that so much of our country treats our president like some nerd who shows up uninvited to a party. Regardless of our politics, we should be able to get behind our president and stand UNITED. Lest we forget that "United we stand, divided we fall."  

I certainly didn't want Barack Obama to be elected as President, I don't agree with his proposed policies and politics, but you can be sure that on Jan. 20, 2009, I will refer to him as PRESIDENT Obama, and I will support him and pray for him as the president of this great country.  

I do NOT think it's "ethnocentric" to believe that America is the greatest country on Earth. To echo PRESIDENT Bush's sentiments from his speech last night, millions of people risk their LIVES every day to just get the chance to experience American life. We have more opportunities available to us here than any other place in the world, if we'll only take advantage of them, and I think the only way we can continue to maintain this lifestyle and to be this strong, great country, is to STOP APOLOGIZING for our success, and our patriotism. When did patriotism become politically incorrect?

I for one am PROUD to have voted for PRESIDENT Bush, and proud to stand behind him today, and THANK HIM for his service to this country. He has been faced with some of the hardest decisions of any president in the last several decades, and he handled them with graciousness, with earnesty, and with a heavy mantle on his shoulders. I believe that history will judge him more kindly than we do today, and it will come out eventually, the sacrifices he made for this country, to his own detriment (as the yellowcake issue this past July clearly shows, but was not reported in the liberal media). I am grateful that he was never afraid to mention the greatness of GOD in his speeches, and his daily life, and that he didn't sugarcoat the truth of good and evil in this world.  

I think we are a much safer nation today than we were 7 years ago, and that we all owe a huge debt of thanks to this man, who had the strength and fortitude to make decisions that he felt were in the best interest of our country, even when it hurt him politically, and garnered world criticism.  

My politics, and personal opinions notwithstanding, I wholeheartedly support President Bush, and hope that you will also be willing to put aside your politics, if only for a small second in time, to take a moment to thank the man who has run our country for the last 8 years. I also put aside my politics and issue a solemn prayer and support for the man who will be our president for the next 4 years, and I hope that the rest of this great nation will get their heads out of their butts and do the same.

2 comments:

I Choose Happiness said...

I totally agree with you Kelley. It's so nice to not be in the NW where they can't say one kind work about the President. Even if he does something great, they can never give him the credit. It also really ticks me off that they refer to him as Mr. Bush and not President Bush. Anyway,it's nice to be in the South where things are a little more conservative. I really liked your article - you should send it into the paper!

author said...

I totally agree with you. I feel that even though you may not agree with every decision that has or will be made, by Pres. Bush or Pres. Elect Obama there should still be a respect shown for the office which he held or will hold. Our media has a great love affair for this man and its true that our media has taken the office of president and made it into a celebrity office.