Thursday, July 3, 2008

Making the Most of It!

Photobucket

Well, we've only got one more day (today) here in Utah, before Mom, Landon and I head to Ohio, and we've really been making the most of our time!

On Saturday evening we went to The Living Planet Aquarium in Draper. It's pretty small right now, but they're planning to expand and become a really great aquarium in the future. It was the perfect size for an evening activity for Landon, and he LOVED it! Mom and Jon got to touch stingrays and starfish, and all kinds of stuff, and Landon's favorites were the sharks! When they swam by he'd say "Where the shark go?" It was so cute. It also provided some great photo ops:

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

After the aquarium, we went to dinner at this really AWESOME restaurant called "The Mayan" at Jordan Commons. The food was pretty dismal, but the restaurant was unbeatable. There was this HUGE mountain in the middle, with a little lake around it, and people in native dress dove off the cliffs, probably 20 feet, into the water below. It was a really neat show, and well worth the yucky food.

Here we all are at dinner:
PhotobucketPhotobucket

On Monday, Nick was nice enough to take us all boating, and what a time it was! It was Landon's first time on a boat, and I was a little nervous about how he'd do, but he really LOVED it (until Nick took him in the lake, a little farther from the boat than he wanted to go). He smiled and laughed, and looked adorable! He even fell asleep in Mom's arms a couple times, which he hasn't done since he was about 6 months old! I even learned to wakeboard, which was an absolute BALL, until Tuesday when every muscle in my body ached! Here's a couple of shots from our 6 HOURS on the lake. It should also be said that Josh did a fabulous job driving the boat when Nick and Jon went to surgery, and shuttled us around the lake like a pro!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I also wanted to brag on my wonderfully amazing husband for a second. On Tuesday afternoon Mom and I went to the mall, and Jon met us up there for dinner at Wingers. After dinner they kicked me out and stayed at the mall by themselves. When they returned home an hour later, Jon presented me with the Coach bag I'd been DREAMING OF and DROOLING OVER for a couple of months now. Just because! Turns out he asked my Mom as soon as she got here to scout out which one I'd like and let him know so he could surprise me. It was a truly great surprise, and I absolutely LOVE it, I could have never brought myself to spend that kind of money on myself, and I thought it was so sweet that Jon did that for me, just because. This is my new purse:
Photobucket

We hope you all have a great, safe 4th of July weekend. Enjoy yourselves and all of those "legal" fireworks! I'll be gone 19 days before Jon meets me in Ohio on the 22nd, so if you get a chance, give him a call and make sure he's surviving. He'll likely be found napping and playing the Wii, grateful not to have me nagging him about either. But I think he'll secretly be a little lonely, and would love to hear from you all!

1 comment:

camille said...

Sounds like you guys have been having alot of fun! I've been wanting to go to that aquarium lately, we've been before but I want to take Brylie. Those are way cute pics of you guys on the boat! How fun! I so want to go boating with you guys! Have a good time in Ohio! Be safe. We will miss you. Don't worry, we will check up on jon for ya!