Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back to Reality!

Well, it's finally happened. After nearly 2 months of vacation (counting the 2.5 weeks my Mom was in Utah), Landon and I are back home in Utah, back to reality, and the daily grind. And to be honest, as much fun as we had, it actually feels good to get back into the swing of things!

Landon has seamlessly transitioned back into Utah time (knock on wood), from the moment we got off the plane, actually. And surprisingly, it hasn't taken much re-training on the sleep front, either. It seems like just being back at home with just Mom and Dad shocked him back into his regular routine again, which is a welcome change from the 3 times a night he was waking up in Ohio. I'll cross my fingers and hope it lasts!

I've been trying to get the house organized before school starts. Since we've all but decided to keep our house, I need to get it organized so we can go pick up all of our storage stuff (read: junk) from Jen's house. Our car also needs a good deep cleaning, and some organization. Yesterday, I spent the morning going through all of our clothes and sorting them into stuff we'll keep, stuff to take the the DI, and stuff to throw out. It was a big job, but I'm glad it's done!

School starts August 27th, for both Jon and I, and we're really looking forward to it. He's taking two classes, a business class, and something else that I can't remember, and I'm taking an EMT course, and Algebra. I took Calculus the first time I went to college, but it's been so many years, that I know this Algebra class is going to be harder than I expect. I'm taking 13 hours, making this the first time that I'll be in a full time schedule since Landon was born. But, my Algebra class is online, so I only have to be in class on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6pm-10pm, which isn't really too bad.

I have a ton more pictures to upload from Ohio, I just don't have the time for it, today. We did so many really fun things, it's hard to update on them all. I guess I'll just give the highlights of our trip:

-Spending so much time with my brother and Shannon, and watching how much he enjoys spending time with Landon.

-Ditto for my Mom and Joe

-Cedar Point

-Melt...Best food EVER! Next time you're in NE Ohio, ask me for directions, you'll thank me eternally, but your waistline won't.

-Feeding the Fish

-Landon's first bike ride

-The Islands (Put-In-Bay)

-Seeing old Friends, and having Jon meet my friends

-Spending time with Mammal and Pappal, and watching them enjoy their only great-grandchild

-The Science Museum

-All of the property Landon had to run free on

-The ride-on lawn mower

-Shopping!

-The Fair Food! Mmmmm.

-Chocolate Chip Cookies that actually RISE!

-Tacky Shirt Day (Save the Ta Ta's!)

-Tiramisu Birthday Cake! (What's better than that?)

-Hula Hooping on the Wii Fit with Chucky

-Buddy, my brother's Sugar Glider, coolest pet, EVER!

-Bravo's Cheesecake with caramelized sugar on top!


So, seeing the list, it's easy to see why the worst part of the trip was the 6.4 pounds I gained (according to the trusty Wii Fit). Yeah, I'll need to spend plenty of time with the Wii Fit to remedy that situation. Maybe Utah's sucky fair food isn't so bad, after all!

1 comment:

I Choose Happiness said...

It's always fun to go on vacation (especially when it includes your Mom), but I bet it's nice to be back into routine. Of course sometimes not so fun - it sounds like you had a ton of stuff to do when you got back! Good luck in school - I don't envy you and Jonathon (or Ben).