Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Class is in session!

Literally. Today is the first day of fall classes at UVU. I don't have classes until tomorrow evening, but I went up there this morning to fill out some paperwork and officially change majors and it was a MADHOUSE up there!

There's something about the atmosphere on the first day of fall classes that is unbeatable. The sun's shining, people are EVERYWHERE, asking you to get involved in EVERYTHING. It's so youthful, exuberant, and ALIVE! I really think I could be a permanent student, I enjoy the atmosphere so much! Which, I suppose, is a good thing considering how long I'll be in school at this point.

I met with a new advisor to figure out which pre-med major suits me best, since "pre-med" itself isn't a major. She recommended the Biotechnology major because it includes all of the classes required for med school admissions, as well as a research component, which is something I've been wondering how I will accomplish so it seems as though it will be a perfect fit for me! She tried to talk me into switching some classes this semester, but I had to remind her (and myself) that I'm taking it a little slower than most students, so that I can still be a great Mom to Landon. Not to mention that I'd already purchased (and opened) the $206.00 book for my physiology class!

We also had our first meeting for Anatomy Teaching Assistants, and I was able to secure the hours I wanted, so that I'm able to be a TA, but also keep my time on campus to 2 evenings per week. So I TAKE classes on Tuesdays from 5-9:30 pm, and Thursdays from 5-6:15 pm, and I help TEACH classes on Thursdays from 7p-Midnight! This way, Landon's asleep most of the time I'm gone and doesn't miss me!

Jon is taking an intro to business class, as well as a meteorology class that sounds really interesting. Maybe in a couple of weeks he'll be predicting the weather for us! I think he'd be a GREAT weatherman, but it's just an elective credit to fill his science requirement. His classes are all online so he only has to go on campus to take tests at his liesure (because he has SOOOOO much liesure time, ya know).

And Landon must have had an absolute BALL at Josh's football game last week, because all week he's been saying "Go Cray at Football Game" which translates to "Go PLAY at the football game!" So, we'll definitely be at the next game as well. Even if it was $12.00 for admission which is ASTRONOMICAL in my book! Oh well, Go Tigers!

Alright, it seems to be time to put the baby (who's not so much a baby anymore) down for his nap, so I'd better cut this short, get him to sleep, and begin organizing my school stuff. Hope everyone else is having a great week as well!

1 comment:

dinah said...

Kelley-Jo, I love your blog. Its wonderful see how much you love your life and how much life loves you. You're happy and does a mother's heart good. Save this blog if you can so when you're my age you can look back and read it and remember what a great life you've had. And you really have had a geat life. Love Mom. kisses and Hugs from a proud mom and grandmas