Monday, August 25, 2008

Friday Night Lights!

Photobucket

On Friday night, we had the opportunity to go see our nephew, Josh, play football at Orem High. It was a LOT of fun, with all the cousins there, though Landon did have a few mishaps on the bleachers.

It was so nice to get back out to a high school football game, it's such a fun atmosphere, but I was a little disappointed with they way the programs are run here in Utah . The biggest shock and disappointment was that the marching band and drill team don't do a half time show. I mean, seriously, what is a football game with no half-time show? I know I'm a huge nerd for it, but I really enjoy the half-time shows. Maybe because I was on the drill team, and went to band camp (yes, I know the jokes are coming) and I know how much work is involved. Just another one of those things that are so different here in Utah, compared to how I grew up. Friday night football in Chardon is like a religion. The ENTIRE town turns out, businesses close early, the 2 cops on duty are directing traffic, raffle tickets are sold, it's just the most AMAZING atmosphere ever. Maybe it's a small town thing, but it's absolutely magical.

Watching the cheerleaders made me feel really old. It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was standing there in front of the stands, but my inability to do any of the jumps anymore reminds me that it's been a LOT longer than it feels!

Here are a couple of the pictures from our afternoon:
Brookie having spirit:
Photobucket
Landon with Mommy and Daddy:
PhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

I Choose Happiness said...

Kelley, I have a feeling I'm about to experience "your" type of football game. Auburn has their first home football game this Friday and everybody here says "Stay inside!" or "Go grocery shopping during the game because it will be like a ghost town." It will be interesting to observe. I'm going to go and take some pictures of the psycho tailgaters on Friday (they start tailgating here on the Wednesday before the game and the game's not 'til Saturday!). So, out of curiosity, what did they do for half-time? Nothing?